Monday, April 25, 2011

Uh Oh, Problems When Catering

No appear your job or business, unexpected things happen that are unexpected.Catering isn't any exception.You need to think in your feet and that is not easy whenever your feet are tired!Bear in mind, it usually calculates, and you are alone that feels the problems were obvious.

Some from the problems I've had... transportation of things that lost their presentation along the way, loss of a product onto the floor, insufficient food, other great tales.Sometimes, you need to learn the painfully costly way to figure out the way you will react and respond.Among my friends couldn't handle the problems with catering and switched to bakery catering only- which rarely has problems at the time of the event, apart from heat.No matter what, always have some backup plans just for these types of mishaps.

When a few pans of brownies didn't cook completely in the middle, I cut bars the cooked portion after which made a whole other dessert using the gooey brownie parts in parfait glasses with vanilla frozen treats and hot fudge sauce.People loved them and gushed all around the spur of the moment fix-up.At one event, I removed a glass bowl of home-made lemon curd and dropped it, shattering the bowl and contents.Obviously, I learned one fast lesson: don't transport in glass.However, as a quick replacement, I purchased a jar of lemon curd.I understand, not what's expected, but nobody knew different (even though the store-bought curd was nowhere close to good as mine!)

My learning curves are ongoing, however it happens much less.Best of luck for you and your catering learning curves.Take a look at my blog of ongoing thoughts and plans of the caterer. homebasedcatering.blogspot.com

I happen to be catering for Three years as a hobby after which a small business while Sometimes full time within the healthcare field for health insurance and retirement benefits. I'm thinking about sharing a number of my experiences for all those thinking of pursuing an identical business.

No comments:

Post a Comment